Monday, August 12, 2013

Sushi Buddy

Dear Child-2-Bees,

Things have gotten crazy busy at work these past few weeks. I haven't been able to take the time out of my day to write on this blog but I can spare a few minutes today.

Daddy and Mommy like to eat what they tried before and liked! It might seem like every other person out there- who doesn't eat what they like? But we also have a hard time trying new things. One cuisine that we don't seem to agree on is Japanese. While Mommy doesn't eat anything raw, I do enjoy some good cooked sushi. I tried convincing Daddy to come along to get a bento box or other Japanese food that don't contain fish or anything raw but he gave in once and only once! Luckily for me, my best friend M is in the same boat. Her boyfriend doesn't like sushi either! So we decided to make it a girls' night out and eat sushi together.

Mommy ordered some eel avocado, spicy crab and shrimp tempura rolls. All cooked = all good...

M ordered a volcano roll that was deep fried with tuna and salmon. I decided to try it-- a first for me. I never had tuna or salmon before. Surprisingly, it was very soft and fluffy. I had a few pieces but it was okay. I could do it again but don't expect me to finish it all!


Next, I introduced M to Mochi ice cream. It is flavored ice cream covered with Mochi (which is a Japanese rice cake flour type of thing). M said it was delicious and she loves it! Cold ice cream on the inside, soft dough on the outside! Two pieces was not enough for the both of us, we had four- green tea and strawberry!

A girl always needs a sushi buddy!


Love Always,

Mommie-2-bees

No comments:

Post a Comment