Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

 To kick off Labor Day Weekend, Daddy-2-bees and I stayed at home, sleeping in til 9AM because that is late for us. We watched many episodes of "Scandal" and "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix. We ordered our usual: Singas Pizza for lunch. I took my routine food coma nap after we finished eating. I woke up to a call from my mom to go to dinner at Grand-uncle Peter's. Daddy had left already to go home to Bay Ridge to fix Grandpa T's computer.
 Mommy doesn't really enjoy the dinner at Granduncle's house. It usually consists of seafood and spicy dishes, both of which- I don't eat. So I opted just to go for the company and also to avoid making Grandma mad. Just so happens that Aunt Jessica and Uncle Kevonte came to visit. They had just returned from their vacation/wedding/honeymoon in Austria and came bearing souvenirs and pictures from their trip. They brought back some snapp- really alcoholic- 40% proof. It smelled like ginseng straight up. I didn't try it but it smelled pretty strong. After viewing the Jeng-Mitchell wedding photos, Aunt Angela and Uncle Brandon showed us photos of their vacation in Spain and Portugal. The pictures came out great from my DSLR camera that I lent them. They brought back jamon and souvenirs too. We also got to try marzipan. It was really sweet and pasty.
 When I got home from dinner, Daddy surprised me with a Crumbs cupcake with a candle. He said we're celebrating because it is my birthday month and that's a reason to celebrate :-D Got to make a wish and blow out the candle but he was disappointed because the candles were supposed to be magic candles and re-light but it didn't :-(  Mommy ended up giving the cupcake to Daddy because Crumbs Cupcakes are too sweet for me- that's a first!

 On Sunday, Daddy and I went to Queens Center Mall for lunch and to pick up a gift card and some dress shirts. It was nice and very productive. I usually find myself spending endless hours and buying very few things when I go shopping at the mall. Later that afternoon/evening, I attended a bridal shower for one of my relatives. It's always difficult to explain the relationship as he is technically my uncle. His father is my grandmother's brother. Grand Uncle Cunyin and Grand Aunt Andie are getting married next Sunday. It was the first time I seen the Liu family since 2006. Usually we meet again every few years at family events and special occasions but we've been so busy and haven't caught up in years. Mommy will be getting a 2nd cousin in November! The shower was a lot of fun and in good company!

 On Monday, Daddy and I ventured out into the city to fix our laptop. We got a new battery from the Apple Store and walked around 5th Ave. We couldn't find an affordable place to eat so we took the train down to Times Square. After walking around there, we decided on going to Ruby Tuesday's for linner. I always love the drinks here and the food is pretty good for chain restaurants. I was so full-- didn't have room for desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment