Monday, January 6, 2014

New Tankmates

On December 27th, 2013, I went to dinner with current and former co-workers. One of them brought up a conversation on how he had a salt water aquarium setup. It made me want to set up my own salt water tank but knowing me, I wouldn't be able to maintain the pH, nitrate and all that other good stuff. So I decided to improve my fresh water tank. Three years ago, I started my aquarium with a school of fish consisting of Sunburst Orange, Cosmic Blue and Neon Tetras. After three years have passed, I am left with just one Neon Tetra and one Sunburst Orange. In the past months, I have added snails to the tank to help maintain my algae growth. I am left with just one. I was inspired to  work on my tank after speaking to my friends and watching tons of Youtube videos on setting it up, taking care of specific tropical fish and breeding them. I decided to go with guppies because they are easy to take care of and look so pretty. Another plus is that they are live bearers, so my female guppy may give birth to fish fry.

My freshwater aquarium setup


The more, the merrier


Baby guppy fry (died two days later)

Last snail standing..
Hope we can add to the tank ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment