Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Savings

Happy 2014! Happy Savings!

While I am not one for New Year's Resolutions, I saw something on my Facebook newsfeed that a friend liked that caught my eye. It was a savings plan for the new year. It requires you put put away money every week that correlated to the week of the year it is. So, the first week of the year you only put aside $1. In the last week of the year, you put away $52. Over the course of the year, if you save every week and follow this consecutive pattern, you will save $1,378! Luckily, this year we have 53 weeks (December 31st  is the extra day!). That means if I follow through, I will save $1,431!

I think I might double this every week because I feel like it will make me more disciplined with my savings. I haven't been putting much money away and tend to splurge when I save a lot of money. In the long run, I hope I can save up for something big such as nicer Christmas presents, relaxing vacation or small budget for new furniture when Brandon and I get a new home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment